Skip to main content

Augmenting Benchling with Custom Tools - Boston User Group event scheduled

Please join us for an in-person event on July 24 to see some awesome customizations that build on top of Benchling.

Please RSVP via Meetup.com

Come hear how your peers are building innovative custom applications to enhance Benchling for NGS experiments, support RNA design, manage RNA manufacturing, augment the Benchling registry, and more.

Our presenters from Tessera Therapeutics, Sail Biomedicines, and Ampersand will show different approaches (Retool framework, full custom, Lambda functions, etc.).

We’ll also have plenty of time to socialize and network with your peers.

July 24, 4-6 PM in Somerville

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’ve updated the event to include the speaker info:

Great range of experiences from our speaker lineup for next week's Benchling User Group event. David Tefft (Tessera Therapeutics), Sutee Dee & Patrick Greene (Sail Biomedicines), and Tarun Saxena (Ampersand Biomedicines). Come, be inspired, learn, socialize!

Please help spread the word via your internal and social media networks. You can re-post this LinkedIn post: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kerobbins_augmenting-benchling-with-custom-tools-wed-activity-7219708500736622593-E91g?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can we join remotely or is it only in person?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Originally it was planned to be in-person only. I could probably add a zoom link.

It would be good to get a show of hands (just “Like” this message) to see who would attend remotely.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@vinniev, @rooshabh , and anyone else who’d like to participate remotely, please RSVP on Meetup. I’ll circulate the zoom link in a message to all who RSVP’d via Meetup.com.

There will be a waiting room (to prevent zoom bombing) and I may not get to admit you until the presentations are about to start at 4:25 pm EDT or so depending on how social we are.

Here’s the meetup link: https://www.meetup.com/benchling-user-group-boston/events/301910318/

For anyone else who plans to attend remotely, please like this message so I can kept track of the count of remote people and not over order food.

Looking forward to having you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@vinniev and @rooshabh and others. I’ve updated the event in Meetup.com so that there is now a Zoom link visible to anyone who has RSVP’d.

Hi @Ken Robbins, any chance the presentations could be recorded? (the event is somewhat outside normal office hours for our East Coast folks).

Userlevel 4
Badge

awesome -- thanks ken!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @rintze.zelle, yes, I plan to record this. I don’t know what “East Coast” covers for you, but if anyone is in the greater Boston area, we’d love to see them in person 😀.

Userlevel 3

I missed that there was a remote option! Its going to be after dinner so I should manage to join! I'll see the link on the meetup! Thanks @Ken Robbins for organizing! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’ve now published the recording of the event ( @stefano_g and friends).

If you want to follow the channel for future recordings, here’s the channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkpVIGD6-NoYFrhXWAysIPw for the Boston Benchling User Group.

Userlevel 3

Thanks a lot @Ken Robbins