Madison Benchling User Group Inaugural Meeting

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Welcome to the Madison User Group!

I'm excited to let you know that I am in the process of organizing our first User Group meeting – exact date / timing to be confirmed but we're looking at the week of April 22nd, hopefully at University Research Park!

What is this user group about?
The goal of these user groups is to bring together Benchling platform users of all types, from scientists to admins to developers to data/computational scientists. We want to create a space where you can connect with colleagues, share ideas, solutions, tips, and experiences, all centered around the common theme of Benchling.

This Community group will be the space we can use for planning, discussing content and scheduling future meetups. Stay tuned for the Meetup link where you can register to join the event in April.

In the meantime, I would like to pulse check with this group on what topics are of interest for the first meeting. A few ideas -- please let me know by commenting below 1) how you'd stack rank these based on your interest 2) if you have other ideas you'd like to see covered?

A) Notebook best practices

• How to use Notebooks as an interface into sample tracking
  • How to communicate with Notebook through dynamic editing, @ mentioning notebooks, saved services and more

B) Integrating lab components

• How to automate instrument data capture
  • How integrations can help you generate more actionable insights

C) The overlooked role of change management in a LIMS deployment

• Why driving great change management is just as important as selecting the right technology
  • Hear common pitfalls that happen if change management isn't prioritized & learn how to overcome them

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Madison Benchling Users,

We have locked down a date! April 25th at 5:30PM at Element Labs (5510 Element Way), in Element Hall.

The tentative topic will be discussing issues of Change Management in maintaining LIMS, highlighting my personal experiences with deploying and maintaining Benchling tenants.

Please RSVP to the event’s Meetup link below.

https://www.meetup.com/benchling-user-group-madison/events/300215922/

If you have any questions, please post them below and we will do our best to answer as soon as possible.

Userlevel 2

@Robert Bradley @ScienceMom77 @jnewhouse @Crieger wanted to be sure you saw @gfmayhew has announced the first Madison Benchling User Group event! Check it out 👆🏻 and be sure to register, should be a great time at an amazing venue.