Welcome to the Philadelphia User Group!

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Pat Valerio and I am currently a Downstream Scientist at Spark Therapeutics. I’ve lived in the Philadelphia area my whole life. I am a graduate from West Chester University with a B.S in Cell and Molecular Biology. I joined Spark Therapeutics in March of 2020 and now serve as a Benchling SME for Downstream and the greater Research and Technology organization.

I’m excited to start this user group. I found my passion for Benchling early in the implementation period. Once our hard work was finished and Benchling was rolled out to all our end users, I found myself thinking of creative ideas to improve the end user experience. I am looking forward to meeting other Benching users in the Philadelphia area and sharing ideas, solutions, tips, and overall experiences with the ELN.

A little bit more about me. I am a passionate outdoors enthusiast. My passion has taken me around the United States in pursuit of the next “big thing”. I enjoy visiting National Parks, hiking Colorado 14ers, and spending time with my adorable cat Parker.

Stay tuned for updates regarding our first user group meetup. Looking forward to connecting an and getting to meet everyone! 😃

2 replies

Userlevel 4

#1 -- GO BIRDS (I’m originally from the area)

#2 -- Thanks for starting this up!  Hopefully you’ll get a good following up there in the area - I’d imagine a decent amount of user base in that region.  Excited to see what comes out of this!

Userlevel 1

Whoo hoo!!!

Go Philly!

I myself is also located suburb of Philly!

Nice to see my neighbors here!!!