Skip to main content

Happy 1 year, online community! Let’s eat some cake 🎂

Happy 1 year, online community! Let’s eat some cake 🎂

:balloon: I’m excited to share that today we celebrate the first anniversary of the Benchling Online Community

It’s been only a year, but so many great things happened in this space. A huge thank you to each of you who contribute to this community, inspire your fellow Benchling heros to create community-wide success by sharing your knowledge and experiences.

:trophy:  Our year-one wins and achievements

Here’s a by-the-numbers breakdown of what we’ve done in just a year’s time:

• 1250+ Benchling Community members 
  • 3545+ posts (keep them coming!)
  • 108+ answered questions :muscle_tone2:
  • 15 Wish List ideas brought to life in the product

:heart:  Kudos to these Benchling Community trailblazers

Here are a few of the community founders and active community members. Thank you for your support and input during the very early days of the Benchling Community!

@Ken Robbins @vinniev , @BeataDunne  @stefano_g@Chantelle@rooshabh@Ben_Sanger@gwoo@samivel  @JasonDG @blake.fief @Pat.Valerio @adawzhang @gfmayhew 

To celebrate our one year anniversary we are giving one person $500 to use towards your travel expenses for Benchtalk Boston or London :blush: Reply to this thread by August 23, sharing how the community has impacted you and you will be entered into a raffle—whether through problem-solving, networking, or learning new tips and we will enter you into the raffle. 

Congratulations, everyone, and here’s to another year of community awesomeness! 🥂

I’m relatively new to this community, but it has been invaluable in discovering how to set permissions for our Inventory module - there were some settings that had not been made accessible to use in our tenant (Access Policies), which I was unaware of until troubleshooting through this community.

I’m grateful for the Benchling community, this platform enables users from diverse work backgrounds to make feature requests, troubleshoot issues, and help each other.

The community has been fantastic! I can’t believe it’s already been a year. The community has impacted me in so many ways but I’m most happy about being able to initiate a User Group in Philadelphia. It’s been very rewarding to network with other Benchling users in the city of brotherly love 🙂 I’m looking forward to what the next year has in store for us. 

Congratulations on the Anniversary!  The Community has been a true gift - it is particularly valuable to see how other users are approaching the same kinds of issues I am, and provides a great brainstorming space to share ideas, ask for changes and improvements, and help each other.  Fantastic to see how many wish list items have been added due to user request and participation.

We found several job candidates through this platform, and found it a helpful place to learn how other users use the platform. We also appreciate the opportunity to post and upvote ideas on how we think platform could be improved.

Congrats on the anniversary!! The community has positively impacted me by allowing me to see how other people are using bencheling and other applications in bencheling for Lims! 

Congrats on the anniversary of the Benchling Community!
This platform has been extremely useful for me in a couple of ways:

• directly see how other users are utilizing Benchling
  • Discuss topics that are more relevant to my needs for Benchling (mainly NGS). This has allowed for me even to contact and have calls with other researchers to learn from each other
  • tips, tricks, and hacks! I routinely find something useful and post it to my company’s slack to let everyone know the secrets! The “Shift + scroll” wheel to browse a table (versus repeatedly clicking left or right keys) was absolutely mind-blowing, especially when another user said the same thing works for Excel (ctrl + shift + scroll)!
  • It’s also great to see and understand the prioritization of features, as I have often found myself wanting a similar feature that a user has suggested and can see if Benchling has thought about it or not.

All in all, congrats, Benchling, and thanks for creating the community!

Happy Birthday Benchling community! What a great resource for tips in more efficient ways to use Benchling. I particularly like the ‘new idea’ forum. Looking forward to what the next year brings!

I can’t believe it’s been a year already. Where has the time gone?

I definitely appreciate this community, allowing users across companies and experiences to help one another. I’ve personally come here to find (and sometimes post) about specific topics I can’t seem to figure out on my own. This community has made troubleshooting so much easier 😀

On the one hand a year has gone by fast. On the other hand, looking at the community now, it looks like a thriving, successful adventure that would take much longer to build. It’s a testament to the Benchling community leaders who did everything right to create excitement, inclusion, and most importantly, value. Also of course, the members who ask great questions and provide great answers make the community the first place I go to when I have a Benchling question. Looking forward to many more anniversaries.

Congratulations 🤠. This community has been so beneficial in understanding and learning how other scientists and like minded individuals find solutions to their own use cases. It’s been a great learning for myself to implement data solutions for my team. Can’t wait for more involvement and continuing to connect here with the community.

Many thanks to @Melissa DiTucci, @maryann22 , @ellie.scholz , and others who have got this going and actively engage to maintain and improve the platform. And thanks to the PMs and Devs and other Benchlings who have contributed. A powerful feature of this community is to be able to interact with Benchling in addition to each other. And of course it’s been great to virtually (and sometimes actually) meet so many smart and collaborative people.

For me, one of the key impacts is to have a good conduit for ideas. It’s great to see some of the ideas become features. It’s also helpful to hear back from PMs to know if something is not going to happen. All this is better than the black box of submitted a suggestion via support where you know it’s submitted, but never get any feedback or even validation from other users that it’s a good/bad idea. The user of the community for ideas is therefore a significant improvement.

Another benefit for me is that I learn not just be reading other posts, but I also learn by authoring posts. I think of posts for help as my Cato (from Pink Panther if you are old enough to remember).

Looking forward to another year!

I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you. Your contributions, insights, and collaborative sprit have truly made this community the go-to watering hole for all things Benchling. Cheers to many more years of learning, growing, and innovating together!!

The Benchling community has been incredibly impactful for me. It’s a great platform where I’ve had the opportunity to raise ideas and receive valuable feedback from others. The responses have been thoughtful and helpful, making it an excellent space for sharing ideas and finding solutions. The collaborative environment enhanced my work and inspired new approaches in my projects. :D  

Happy Birthday Benchling!  I was a skeptical adopter, I will admit, but the community here has been amazing and really supportive -- I appreciate a place to quickly search painpoints and get answers/suggestions/solutions. 😀

I am a huge proponent of Benchling as a platform and this site as a community resource. Thank you so much Benchling for all you do to help us make science fun and dynamic!!   Happy Birthday 🎈🎂

Has it really been a year??? Thank you to @Melissa DiTucci , @ellie.scholz , @maryann22 , and many others at Benchling for establishing this thriving community. 

My main reason for wanting a community like this is still my favorite and most impactful part of the community - the ideas portal! It’s great to see where my vision for the future aligns with other Benchling customers, and I value the communication about the ideas’ place on Benchling’s roadmap. 

Cheers to many more years! 🍾🥳🎉

Happy Birthday, Benchling Community! 🎂

@vinniev and I have found so much great information shared across this platform. We love being able to network with different Benchling customers, hear their stories, and bounce ideas off one another to help tackle our Benchling projects.

Plus, we love the opportunity to share our Benchling wish list and see all the great ideas everyone has to continuously improve the platform!

Congrats to 1 year and here’s to many more ahead!

Wow, you have so much to celebrate! This community is so well done, thank you!

As the platform owner for my company, I find the ability to re-watch or share product updates and what’s new highlight videos with my team to be invaluable. The events listed like the Bootcamps help me keep extra training options in the mix for scientists. The ability to have dialogue and timely communications around platform changes here is so powerful.

For a long time -- this was the biggest Product “WISH” I had -- a place to pick the brains of other members of the Benchling User Base.  I remember talking to @ShawnaWolverton about it during Benchtalk 2022.  Now, in just 1 year, there is SOOO MUCH good stuff to be consumed here.  Now we just need the AI team to scour the community and distill out all the best nuggets (though @Melissa DiTucci does a good job of this with her community digest emails already ;)).

Also - how else would I have found my new #nemesis in @Ken Robbins - the man whose point total is already too far ahead to ever be bested (though I’ve been slowly figuring out the algorithm to point-load).

Let’s keep up the good work, Community!

Happy 1 Year anniversary Benchling! The Benchling community has been a great way to get tips & tricks from other Benchling users and helps reaffirm that a lot of the issues and questions I’ve run into aren’t unique. I also love that it’s a way to provide and see product feedback shared by others.